The medical refers to alcohol addiction as Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD). In the year of 2014, the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism stated that adults of the age 18 or older, nearly 17 million were living with an AUD. Alcohol use disorder and addiction can impact anyone, at any time. Alcohol addiction is a mental disorder that ultimately affects a person’s behavior and overall brain function.
Fortunately, extensive studies and research have yielded more treatment methods. In order to neutralize the disorder, the utilization of medication management and behavioral therapies should serve as pillars of the treatment process. For an effective outcome of alcohol treatment to return an individual to productive functioning in society, it is imperative that the outline of treatment is individualized. Our medical professionals and clinic staff have the ability to match therapy methods to an individual case and needs. No one method of treatment will be benefit to every person. It is also important that help is receive through adapted treatment methods to meet an individual’s frequently changing needs.
Signs of Alcohol Addiction
The signs and symptoms of alcohol addiction are not always very evident, even after brain chemistry has changed and addiction has taken over. Some of the warning signs of alcohol use disorder can include, however are not limited to:
- You spend a large amount of time drinking.
- Drinking often to relax or for stress relief.
- Being dishonest about your drinking.
- Hiding your drinking from friends and family.
- You are often sick and recovering from the aftereffects of drinking.
- Drinking while driving or operating machinery.
- Consuming alcohol to avoid withdrawals.
- Wanting to drink, to the point where it consumes your thoughts.
- Drinking or the aftereffects from drinking interfere with your responsibilities, such as, family, work, home or school.
- Continued drinking even though it causes problems in taking care of responsibilities.
- A decline in hobbies and important activities for drinking.
- Continuing to drink even though it causes feelings of anxiety, depression or is adding to other health issues.
- Continuing to drink after experiencing memory blackouts.
- Increase of drinking amount to produce a previously experienced and desired effect.
- You experience symptoms when alcohol begins to wear off, such as, shaking, sleep problems, sweating, restlessness, nausea, etc.
If you believe any of the signs provided are familiar and present in your life or your loved one’s life, call us at (707) 562-2008 , we are here to help.
What to Expect
Alcohol rehabilitation uses many well-known, fact based methods. These methods provide only the most effective and quality treatment for alcohol use disorder. When it comes to alcohol treatment, an individual must always begin with a medically managed detox. Detox provides structure and supervision to ensure your safety when going through physical withdrawal symptoms. Medically managed detox for alcohol use disorders can open the door for you to have successful life in recovery from alcohol addiction.
Immediately following detoxification, therapy services in rehab will begin. Individuals often engage in personal therapy sessions as well as group counseling. These methods help individuals recognize and address any underlying causes of their alcohol use and disorder. Individuals who get treatment in alcohol rehab learn new ways to cope with temptations to drink while practicing substance refusal skills. This education process is especially crucial for relapse prevention.
The rehab program for alcohol helps you get back your love for life as well as your self-confidence. Many who are overwhelmed with the disorder of alcohol use do need help from external source in order to have success in long-term recovery. With alcohol rehabilitation treatment and support, many individuals afflicted with alcohol use disorder stop drinking completely and have been able to reclaim their lives.
Individualized extensive treatment has proven to generate the highest rates of success in recovery from alcohol. Of course, all treatment services will depend on the severity level of a client’s needs. Each individual enters treatment with unmet needs, in addition to, alcohol use disorder. Effective treatment can take place when the psychological, social, medical, vocational and legal issues are addressed, as well as, the alcohol use.
Begin Healing in Alcohol Rehab
Due to the chronic nature of alcohol use disorder, the threat of relapse can be constant. However, with treatment services available, we are equipped to help you prevail over the disorder that is controlling your life. During alcohol rehab your needs are likely to change often. Our priority is to provide effective services that meet your needs as they change and help you to obtain recovery from the disorder of alcohol use. You can achieve recovery from alcohol addiction. Call (707) 562-2008 today and get your life back.